Tesla CEO Elon Musk appeared on stage at the company’s Model S Plaid delivery event, to announce the company would deliver 25 vehicles tonight.
He added “several hundred” cars would be delivered per week soon, followed by “thousands” of cars per week next quarter.
Musk detailed the performance, design, safety, interior and more about the Model S Plaid, calling it the fastest and safest production car ever.
Why make this really fast car? Musk said just to “show hands down this is the way to go”, citing how the company needed to show sustainable cars are the fastest and safest.
“No production car has done 0-60mph in two seconds,” said Musk, noting the car was “something you have to feel to believe.”
Musk thanks Tesla’s production, engineering and design teams, ending the event to say, “let’s deliver some cars.”
Highlights of yesterday’s event:
- First Look: Tesla Model S Plaid Badge Revealed Ahead of Delivery Event
- Tesla Model Y in ‘Crimson’ Red Spotted at the Special Event [PICS]
- Tesla Model S Plaid Customers Get Free Bottle of Tesla Tequila
- Tesla Touts Model S Plaid Drag Coefficient: Lowest of Any Production Car
- Tesla Model S Plaid Delivery Event Replay Now Available [VIDEO]
- Tesla Model X Plaid on Display for Fans at Model S Plaid Event
- Tesla Waypoints are Coming to Navigation, Confirms Elon Musk (Again)
- Tesla Model S Plaid Center Touchscreen Tilts, But ‘System Does it Automatically’
- First Ride: Tesla Model S Plaid 0-100mph Acceleration [VIDEO]
- Tesla’s Model S Tutorial Details Auto Shifting, Yoke Controls and More [VIDEO]
- Tesla Model S Plaid Debuts Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Tesla Unveils Gaming Controller, Cyberpunk 2077 at 60fps in Model S Plaid