Tesla Launches Powerwall in Thailand
- Tesla’s Powerwall is now available in Thailand.
- Customers in Thailand can purchase Powerwalls through Solar D, a certified local installer.
- Earlier this week, utility applications suggested that Tesla could launch a next-generation “Powerwall 3” sometime soon.
Tesla has officially launched its residential energy storage solution, Powerwall, in Thailand, according to Tesla enthusiast and Twitter user @Tslachan.
BREAKING: Tesla Energy Now Available To Install And Use Powerwall In Thailand🇹🇭
– Tesla has been working to build solar and energy storage systems as well as vehicles
– Powerwalls can be purchased through the certification installer Solar.Dhttps://t.co/aPPZUXGZZc pic.twitter.com/6glJkYHoGq
— Tsla Chan (@Tslachan) April 14, 2023
“You can now purchase Powerwall through Solar D, a local Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer,” says the Tesla website.
Powerwall allows you to:
- Use stored energy day or night
- Access blackout protection in the event of a power outage
- Reduce your home’s reliance on the grid
- Manage your electricity consumption through the Tesla app
Tesla was previously only selling the Powerwall in a bundle with solar products. However, that changed last month, and the battery storage system is now available standalone.
Powerwall’s entry into the Thai market comes as Tesla reportedly readies a next-generation model for launch. According to utility applications uncovered earlier this week, Tesla could unveil a new “Powerwall 3” sometime soon.
What’s more, Powerwall isn’t the first Tesla product to go on sale in Thailand — the electric vehicle (EV) and energy giant debuted its Model Y all-electric crossover in the country in February. As of March, the Tesla Model Y is Thailand’s third-best-selling EV.