Here are the 10 Tesla ‘Magic Dock’ Superchargers in the U.S. So Far [LIST]
Tesla has begun unveiling its “Magic Dock” Superchargers in the U.S., allowing other electric vehicle (EV) brands to charge.
Over the weekend, a list of Superchargers with the Magic Dock charging technology was shared in the forums at FastCharger.info, as can be seen, listed below.
Magic Dock Superchargers in California
- Scotts Valley, California – Scotts Valley Supercharger
- Placerville, California – Missouri Flat Target Supercharger
Magic Dock Superchargers in New York
- Verona, New York – Turning Stone Resort Casino
- Red Hook, New York – Red Hook Supercharger
- Brewster, New York – Dunkin’ Brewster
- Fredonia, New York – Denny’s Fredonia
- Ballston Spa, New York – Malta Ridge Supercharger
- Hancock, New York – Hancock Town Hall Supercharger
- Batavia, New York – Towne Center Batavia
- Parish, New York – Grist Mill Restaurant
For now, the locations appear to all be localized to a few locations in California and a handful sprinkled in New York.
The Magic Dock hardware is a simple adapter for EVs with CCS charging hardware. The above Superchargers will all include retrofitted stalls for non-Tesla EVs to charge.
The locations open to other brands can also be seen on Tesla’s Supercharger Map by selecting the map filter “Superchargers Open to Non-Tesla.”
The news comes after Tesla’s plans to open Superchargers to other EV brands in the U.S. has been reported since last July, and after the automaker opened a similar pilot program in 16 different countries.
Yesterday, Rebecca Tinucci, Head of Global Charging Infrastructure at Tesla, revealed at the company’s Investor Day 4th generation Supercharger posts were already being installed in Europe, and will feature longer charging cables. Tinucci also acknowledged there were 10 Supercharger stations with Magic Docks in the U.S. as of now.