After rolling the first production Rivan electric vehicle off its assembly line, along with U.S. regulatory approval to sell its new cars, deliveries will be coming soon for first customers soon.
The delivery process will require Rivan customers to download its mobile app, which was released for iPhone and Android users this week, hitting the App Store and Google Play.
The Rivian app allows R1T and R1S owners to use their smartphone as a key, manage charging and more, including:
- Accept delivery of your Rivian
- Make your phone a key to your R1T or R1S
- Manage your charging session and charging receipts
- Lock, unlock your vehicle remotely
- Give friends or family access to your Rivian by making their phone a key
- Check your Rivian’s range and current charging status
- Find nearby Rivian chargers and compatible third-party EV chargers
- Pair with your home Rivian Wall Charger
- Connect with Customer Support or call roadside assistance
- Request and manage vehicle service
The Rivian app also allows you to easily share your key with someone from your contacts, by entering their email inside the app.
“Download the Rivian app and keep the world adventurous forever,” explains the company, that’s backed by Amazon.
Senior Editor at TeslaNorth.com. Electric vehicle enthusiast, lover of dogs and all things Elon Musk. Click here to buy me a coffee 🙂 Email tips: email@example.com. Click here to get 1,000 Tesla Supercharger miles free with your next Tesla purchase.