Tesla Celebrates Employees and Achievements in 2020 Recap Video
Tesla just released a video recapping and commemorating the clean energy pioneer’s journey throughout 2020.
From producing over 500,000 vehicles in a year to driving its stock price up over 700% by year’s end, it’s almost hard to believe how much this one company accomplished in a year that was unimaginably tough on business everywhere.
Tesla’s cars may be self-driving, but they’re not self-manufacturing (at least not yet). Alongside a montage of Tesla’s achievements in 2020, the electric vehicle (EV) giant expresses its gratitude to those who made it all possible — its employees.
Here are the milestones Tesla chose to feature in their 2020 recap:
- The first Model 3 customer deliveries out of Giga Shanghai
- Breaking ground at Giga Berlin
- The company’s 1,000,000th car
- Giga New York building Solar Roof for 1,000 homes in a week
- The beginning of Model Y deliveries
- Tesla’s 100,000th Powerwall installation
- The beginning of Model Y deliveries in Canada
- Tesla’s Impact Report
- The world’s first 400-mile consumer EV
- Tesla providing the lowest cost solar panels in the U.S.
- Beginning of construction at Giga Texas
- Work begins on the world’s largest Megapack project
- Tesla’s 5:1 stock split
- The completion of the Hornsdale battery expansion
- The Model S Plaid’s record-setting 1:30.327 lap at Laguna Seca, going 0-60 MPH in under 2 seconds
- Battery Day
- Giga Shanghai-made Model 3 units ship to Europe
- Full Self-Driving beta launches
- 20,000+ Superchargers
- Tesla’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Report
- Tesla’s induction into the S&P 500
- Producing and delivering 500,000 cars by the end of 2020