Tesla Model 3 USA Refresh Coming with Chrome Delete, Power Trunk and More: Report [Update]
Tesla is set to unleash a refresh to its Model 3 sedan which will include new features, reports electrek, which says it has seen images of these new models.
Here’s what’s new in this refreshed Model 3, said to be starting delivery soon:
- Exterior chrome delete (like Model Y)
- Power trunk gate (like Model Y)
- Interior upholstery: new material, darker
- Center console: matte finish (no longer glossy); 3 sections in 1 piece, chrome around second section; sliding door like like Model S/X
- Cup holders now located higher
- Phone charger: solid piece without flip up/down lid; wrapped in fake leather with suede material in center area
- Windows: double-paned glass
“The timing of deliveries of the Model 3’s updated features is unclear, but sources say that the new version is rolling off the assembly in Fremont,” writes Fred Lambert.
Some of these Model 3 updates were rumoured to debut in China last month. It’s unclear if Model 3 will gain an Octovalve and heat pump like Model Y. Nonetheless, these updates should help Tesla push for its goal to hit 500,000 deliveries in one year for the first time. Let us know if you have a Model 3 delivery upcoming and if it comes with these new updates.
Update: Here’s an image supposedly taken at Tesla’s Fremont factory, which shows a Tesla Model 3 with chrome delete. Notice the protective plastic being peeled off on the driver’s side door, while the rear quarter panel window also does not show chrome, and the side mirrors. Image shared by u/Westy453 on Reddit: