Last Chance: Tesla Full Self-Driving Price Set to Jump $2,000 Tomorrow
Just over a week ago, Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced the company’s Full Self-Driving add-on for Autopilot would see a price increase on January 17, 2022.
The price for FSD will increase $2,000 USD to $12,000 USD in the United States only. Currently, FSD is priced at $10,000 USD and includes the following added features, on top of Traffic-Aware Cruise Control and Autosteer:
Full Self-Driving Capability
- Navigate on Autopilot (Beta): Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit
- Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged
- Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch
- Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key
- Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.
- Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta): Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
- Autosteer on city streets
Autosteer on city streets is currently in beta form and being publicly tested by drivers deemed safe by Tesla. The company released FSD beta 10.9 to internal testers earlier today.
“The currently enabled Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous. Full autonomy will be dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As Tesla’s Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capabilities evolve, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates,” explains Tesla.
As for FSD monthly subscriptions, Musk says the price “will rise when FSD goes to wide release.” Currently, FSD subscriptions cost $199 USD per month.
Back in May of last year, Tesla’s website hinted the price of FSD could increase to $14,000 USD, but that never materialized.
So if you were on the fence about buying Full Self-Driving, today is your last chance to get it for $10,000, before tomorrow’s price hike.