Tesla Increases Model Y Range in Europe; Performance Deliveries Now in March
Tesla has increased the range of its Model Y compact crossover SUV in Europe, as spotted by @Tesla_adri.
Model Y AWD
- 19-inch Wheels: 533km (+26km; was 507km)
- 20-inch Wheels: 565km (+28km; was 537km)
Model Y Performance
- 21-inch Wheels: 514km (+34km; was 480km)
- New estimated delivery date: March 2022 (was “early 2022”)
Only the Model Y Performance in black and white has an estimated delivery date of March 2022. Other colors are showing dates of May 2022.
Back in December, Tesla insider @SawyerMerritt was told by an unnamed source, “Giga Berlin will only ship Performance Model Y in black and white for now, and if paint goes well then other colors will follow.”
The March delivery dates of black and white Performance Model Y vehicles could suggest they might be from Giga Berlin; for now the factory has not yet been granted approvals to start official production.
• Giga Berlin will only ship Performance Model Y in black and white for now, and if paint goes well then other colors will follow.
— Sawyer Merritt 📈🚀 (@SawyerMerritt) December 20, 2021
Other paint colors coming from Giga Berlin will be Deep Crimson Multi-coat, Abyss Blue Multi-coat and Mercury Silver Metallic, according to Merritt’s source. These Giga Berlin Model Y vehicles will also have front and rear castings, new 12V lithium-ion batteries (instead of lead acid), and likely AMD Ryzen hardware as well.
Also noticed by @Tesla_adri, are range changes for the entry Model 3 AWD in Europe, seeing a drop.
- 18-inch Wheels: 626km (was 637km; -11km)
- 19-inch Wheels: 602km (was 614km; -12km)
Delivery dates are showing as May 2020 for this entry version of the Model 3 in Europe.
Tesla’s Gigafactory in Berlin is still awaiting the necessary approvals to start production, however, the site was recently approved to make more 2,000 more Model Y bodies for testing.