Rivian’s R1T electric pickup truck has finally come to fruition and is making its first round of deliveries to employees, before delivering to preorder customers.
The embargo has lifted on first reviews from select media outlets, just weeks before reservation holders are expected to take first delivery of the electric truck. The Rivian R1T rolled its first production model of the line just two weeks ago today.
Check out these editorial and video reviews of the Rivian R1T, taking the “first look” at the new production version of the electric truck, and not just prototype drives as we’ve seen in the past.
2022 Rivian R1T First Production Reviews Roundup
- Autoblog – Adventure R1T offers a better off-road experience than a transfer case
- Business Insider – 2022 Rivian R1T is a “groundbreaking electric pickup”
- The Drive – Minor build quality wrinkles, but they hardly detract from the awe of R1T
- electrek – Impressed, made plans to buy the R1S SUV version after driving the R1T
- Green Car Reports – Rivian R1T is the “North Star” of utility vehicles
- Motortrend – R1T second drive shows that it’s worth the wait, improving on the fly
- The T and D – Great for off-roading, rock-climbing for which Jeeps are known
- The Verge – Fun flooring the R1T’s gas pedal, can be taken on a number of trails
- Bloomberg – The $73,000 Electric Rivian R1T Is Cute, But It’s Not a Work Truck
2022 Rivian R1T Production First Drive Reviews
The early consensus for the Rivian R1T is it sounds like a very decent electric truck. Now that we’ve heard from automotive journalists on a press tour, let’s wait to hear what the first consumers think as deliveries begin soon.
Contributing Writer at TeslaNorth.com from California’s southeast Bay Area. Covers electric vehicles, space exploration, and all things tech. Loves a good cup of coffee, live music and puppies. Buying a Tesla? Click here to get 1,000 free Supercharging miles.