2021 Electric Vehicle Rebates and Incentives in Canada [LIST]
Northern Tesla recently published a YouTube video with a nifty roundup of all the EV rebates and incentives, both federal and provincial, that Canadians can take advantage of throughout 2021.
Here’s a list of all the EV rebates and incentives Canadians have access to this year:
- The iZEV program offers $5,000 off any EV with a base trim level available for under $45,000 at MSRP, and the highest trim level available for no more than $55,000 at MSRP.
In most cases, provincial rebates can be stacked on top of the $5,000 federal rebate to drive the cost of an EV even lower.
- 50% off (up to $600) the purchase and installation of a Level 2 home charging station in the City of Edmonton (ends May 31, 2021).
- $3,000 off any EV priced up to $55,000 MSRP.
- 50% off (up to $700 from BC Hydro or up to $350 from Fortis BC) the purchase and installation of a Level 2 home charger.
- Up to $6,000 towards an EV for scrapping your gas-powered vehicle (Stack-able, but Tesla EVs are unfortunately not eligible).
- $3,000 loan from Manitoba Hydro for the purchase and installation of a Level 2 home charger.
- $5,000 off any EV priced up to $55,000 MSRP.
- $500 off a Level 2 charger through the Arctic Energy Alliance (after purchase).
- $3,000 off any new EV.
- $2,000 off any used EV.
- $1,000 off used EVs with a purchase price below $50,000 under the Plug N’ Drive program.
- $1,000 towards a used EV for scrapping your old gas-powered vehicle (Stack-able).
Prince Edward Island
- $5,000 off any new or used EV — the program just went live!
- $2,500 off any new Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV).
- Free Level 2 home charger (installation not included).
- No annual registration fee.
- $8,000 off any new EV up to $55,000 MSRP.
- $4,000 off used EVs.
- Up to $600 for the purchase and installation of a Level 2 home charger.
- $5,000 off any EV up to $55,000 MSRP. Also applicable on EVs imported to Yukon.
- Up to $1,500 off import fees for EVs.
- 50% off (up to $750) the purchase and installation of a Level 2 home charger.