Lucid Air Sapphire Unveils Final Specs
Lucid Group has unveiled the final specs for its Lucid Air Sapphire luxury super-sports sedan. This EV boasts a blistering 0-60 mph in just 1.89 seconds and a top speed of 205 mph.
The Air Sapphire is not just about speed. It’s a blend of cutting-edge technology and refined design. The vehicle is powered by three motors, all developed in-house by Lucid, producing a whopping 1,234 hp. This power, combined with its aerodynamic design, allows the Sapphire to achieve an impressive EPA-estimated range of 427 miles on a single charge.
Exterior features include an exclusive Sapphire Blue paint, Lucid’s Stealth Look trim, and Aero Sapphire wheels fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. These design elements not only enhance the vehicle’s performance but also its efficiency.
Inside, the cabin showcases a new interior theme named Sapphire Mojave. Exclusive sports seats, designed specifically for the Sapphire, offer passengers both support and luxury with heating, cooling, and massage functionalities.
For drivers, the Air Sapphire offers a unique experience with four distinct drive modes: Smooth, Swift, Sapphire, and Track. Each mode tailors the vehicle’s performance to different conditions and driving styles, from comfortable cruising to racetrack racing.
Peter Rawlinson, CEO and CTO of Lucid Group, expressed his excitement about the release, stating, “The Lucid Air Sapphire represents a monumental leap in EV technology and design. It’s not just a car; it’s a statement of what’s possible when innovation meets passion.”
The Lucid Air Sapphire is priced at $249,000 USD in the United States, with more details about international availability to be announced in the future.
Air Sapphire standard equipment includes:
- New twin rear-drive unit that works in tandem with the single motor front-drive unit
- Retuned front and rear springs, bushings, anti-roll bars, and steering software
- Unique adaptive damper control software and tuning for ABS, stability control, brake booster, and electronic power steering (EPS)
- Torque vectoring control algorithms and traction control developed in-house
- Revised front and rear suspension geometry to provide heightened steering response
- New carbon ceramic brakes: Front 420mm rotors with 10-piston calipers, rear 390mm rotors with 4-piston calipers
- Bespoke Aero Sapphire wheels, with diameters of 20 inches in the front and 21 inches in the rear, paired with co-developed
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires with a special Sapphire-specific compound
- Removable carbon fiber aero wheel covers with center lock nut
- Aluminum roof introduced to reduce total vehicle weight and lower the center of gravity
- Heated and ventilated front sports seats with additional bolster support that retain massage functionality
- Soft-close doors, power opening/closing trunk and frunk
- Ultra-fast 900V+ charging system
- Unique Sapphire-themed on-screen display presenting a lineup of four drive modes – Smooth, Swift, Sapphire, and Track – each
- influencing the character of the car and behavior of suspension, steering, brakes, torque vectoring, peak power and torque, and thermal controls.
- Elegant and intuitive Lucid UX with 34-inch floating Glass Cockpit
- Extensive over-the-air software update capability
- DreamDrive Pro, Lucid’s advanced driver assistance system, with 30+ features and future-ready hardware including the first automotive LIDAR in North America
- 21-speaker Surreal Sound Pro immersive audio system with Dolby Atmos compatibility
Yesterday, Lucid Group released its Q2 earnings, revealing the company continues to bleed money as it tries to ramp up production, which it says it can and expects to still produce 10,000 vehicles in 2023.