Rivian 2023.10.01 Software Update Now Shows Tesla Supercharger Locations and More
Rivian today announced a new software update 2023.10.01 for its R1T and R1S electric vehicles. Highlights include a new TuneIn Premium trial, but also the ability to find Tesla Supercharger locations with Magic Docks, that allow Rivian vehicles to charge at.
You can also now drop and open/close the tailgate with the Rivian mobile app for both R1T and R1S.
Check out some of the highlights in a video from Rivian below:
In our latest software update:
⚡ Mobile app now drops R1T tailgate & open/closes R1S liftgate.
⚡ Enhancements to controls for Hotspot & external sounds
⚡ Third-row fan controls in R1S
⚡ More seamless charging experience
Full details: https://t.co/8G3vHUtXFq pic.twitter.com/daICBGcxJP
— Rivian (@Rivian) March 29, 2023
Check out the R1T and R1S 2023.10.01 release notes below:
New TuneIn Premium Trial
- Exclusive 365-day TuneIn® Premium trial for Rivian customers
- Access includes:
- Every MLB and NHL game live (no blackouts)
- Nonstop, commercial-free news coverage
- Fewer ads on 100,000 radio stations
Note: Access to TuneIn Premium channels may be lost without activating the trial or having a Premium account.
Tesla Supercharger Network in Navigation Charger Filters
- Select Tesla Supercharger locations with a Magic Dock shown in Navigation app’s charger filters
- Magic Dock allows Rivian charging at select Tesla Supercharger locations
- Locations are also visible in Rivian mobile app version 1.12 or later
- Download the Tesla app to charge at a Tesla Supercharger
Plug and Charge
- Vehicle Plug and Charge functionality enabled for Rivian Adventure Network and Waypoints Chargers
- Seamless charging experience
Note: Feature introduced on a rolling basis.
- Highway Assist improvements
- Reduced frequency of hands-on warnings in stop-and-go traffic
- Mobile app version 1.12 and later allows tailgate release
- Improved range loss when phone key is near vehicle for extended periods
- Improved phone key and key fob proximity unlocking consistency
- Toggle exterior lock sound on and off
- Key fob battery level indicator (medium or low) in Settings
- Hotspot improvements
- Toggle hotspot on and off, open hotspot settings
- Fixed issue with quick hotspot toggling
- Media fixes and improvements
- Scroll through Favorites using steering wheel controls
- Fixed TIDAL crash during text search
- Fixed incorrect Bluetooth media player play/pause state
- Fixed radio resumption issue
- Charge port door no longer automatically closes after 30 seconds; closes when driving or manually
- Fixed various issues related to notifications, lane centering, and 12-volt battery drain
- After you remove the charging cable, the charge port door no longer automatically closes after 30 seconds. The charge port door closes automatically when you drive the vehicle. You can also manually close it from the center display or using the sensor on the charge port door.
- Fixed an issue where an erroneous notification was shown when attempting to use Adaptive Cruise Control while stability control was disabled in vehicle settings. Fixed a rare issue that caused inconsistent lane centering when Highway Assist was active,
- Fixed an occasional issue where you would see an unrelated notification when switching between day and night
- Fixed a very rare issue that caused an internal loss of communication when turning on a vehicle, which drained the 12 V batteries.