Earlier today, Bloomberg reported Tesla’s Fremont factory was shutting down some of its Model 3 production lines, corroborating an earlier report from Sawyer Merritt.
Now, Tesla CEO has clarified the matter in an email to employees, obtained by @SawyerMerritt:
BREAKING: I have received an email that Elon has sent out to employees earlier today addressing the Fremont parts supply issues. He also discusses the Model S/X refresh timeline.
Here is the full email: pic.twitter.com/0Em373gCPS
— Sawyer Merritt ?? (@SawyerMerritt) February 25, 2021
According to the alleged email, Musk says “we are experiencing some parts supply issues,” which resulted in Fremont production being down for a few days, for equipment upgrades and maintenance.
But Musk says Fremont production “is back up and running as of yesterday,” and will quickly ramp up for Model 3 and Model Y production “over the next several days.”
Musk also says Model S and Model X production lines are “almost done retooling,” with “max production” set for the next quarter.
“There is high demand, so we will soon need to go back to two shifts for S/X. Please recommend friends to recruiting!”, concluded Musk.
Just earlier this hour, Musk confirmed the shut down. “Fremont shut down for two days (parts shortages) and restarted yesterday,” said the CEO.
Fremont shut down for two days (parts shortages) & restarted yesterday
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 25, 2021
Senior Editor at TeslaNorth.com. Electric vehicle enthusiast, lover of dogs and all things Elon Musk. Email: email@example.com. Click here to get 1,000 Tesla Supercharger miles free with your next Tesla purchase.