New Tesla Model 3 Storage Dimensions vs Original Model 3
Tesla’s new Model 3 refresh has yet to be delivered to customers, but it’s going to be happening soon, according to videos showing the vehicles being loaded up in Shanghai, China, coming from the company’s Giga Shanghai factory.
According to one Tesla enthusiast, Caspar, located in Germany, he was able to check out the Model 3 at a showroom and share measurements of the new car’s frunk, trunk and sub trunk.
“I am seeing it first hand for the first time and will post measurements during the next hour as go through the car – it looks and feels awesome,” said Caspar.
The new measurements were observed first-hand and posted online, offering a detailed comparison with the older Model 3 model.
New Model 3 Highland Dimensions:
- Trunk with back row up: 107 cm (42.1 inches)
- Trunk with back row down till seat: 187 cm (73.6 inches)
- Trunk with back row down till seat moved: 210 cm (82.7 inches)
- Trunk with back row down till front screen: 270 cm (106.3 inches)
- Width between wheel covers: 94 cm (37 inches)
- Width between back row hand bars: 129.5 cm (51 inches)
- Height of trunk opening: 46 cm (18.1 inches)
Tesla Model 3 Highland Trunk
– back row up 107 cm
– back row down till seat 187 cm
– back row down till seat moved 210 cm
– back row down till front screen 270 cm
– width between wheelcovers 94 cm
– with between back row hand bars 129.5 cm
– hight trunk opening 46 cm pic.twitter.com/j819pykNoB
— Caspar – creating a positive future ✨ (@DerCaspar) September 15, 2023
Subtrunk and Frunk:
- Subtrunk height till cover: 29 cm (11.4 inches)
- Subtrunk narrowest width: 63 cm (24.8 inches)
- Subtrunk narrowest depth: 32 cm (12.6 inches)
- Frunk height: 23 cm (9.1 inches)
- Frunk width: 72 cm (28.3 inches)
- Frunk depth: 35 cm (13.8 inches)
Old Model 3 Dimensions:
- Trunk dimensions (W x H x L): 94 cm x 46 cm x 107 cm (37 x 18.1 x 42.1 inches) or 190 cm (74.8 inches) with back row down
- Subtrunk dimensions (W x H x L): 61 cm x 30 cm x 46 cm (24 x 11.8 x 18.1 inches)
- Frunk dimensions (W x H x L): 71 cm x 20 cm x 38 cm (28 x 7.9 x 15 inches)
The new Model 3 offers an increase in trunk length, especially when the back row is down, expanding from the old model’s 190 cm (74.8 inches) to 210 cm (82.7 inches) or even 270 cm (106.3 inches) depending on the seat position. The frunk also sees a slight increase in dimensions, offering more storage space.