Tesla Launches Referral Program for Free Supercharging, Merchandise in U.S.
Back in September 2021, Tesla ended its referral program that offered free Supercharging “until further notice.”
But after Tesla re-launched a new referral program in China back in October, many suspected the program would also return to the United States.
As of Monday night, it appears Tesla has launched its new referral program in the United States, as noted by Emanuel Reyes (@emanuelreyes).
New Referral Credit system now live on the Tesla app!! pic.twitter.com/cJw0atxNlp
— Emanuel Reyes (@emanueIreyes) November 22, 2022
Referring someone to purchase Tesla’s Solar products can earn you 6,000 credits.
The tweet shared screenshots of the new Loot Box that says, “share what you love about Tesla to earn credits that can be redeemed for awards.” Tesla also says customers can “earn credits when your friends and family purchase Tesla products.” With these credits, you can then “redeem your credits for awards in the Tesla Referral Shop.”
Some credits for merchandise values are as follows, shared by @WholeMarsBlog:
- Wall Connector – 6,000 credits
- Tesla Short Shorts – 1,469 credits
- Tesla Sipping Glasses – 1,750 credits
- 2,000 Supercharger Miles – 4,800 credits
- Men’s Let the Sun Shine Tee – 700 credits
- J1772 Wall Connector – 11,000 credits
- Kids Let the Sun Shine Tee – 700 credits
- Men’s Solar Roof/Powerwall Tee – 700 credits
- Women’s Powerwall Tee – 700 credits
- CCS Combo 1 Adapter – 5,000 credits
- Model X Pet Liner – 2,900 credits
- Men’s Raven Lightweight Hoodie – 2,000 credits
- Powered by the Sun License Plate Frame – 800 credits
- Wall Connector Color Matched Faceplate – 1,500 credits
- Model S/3/Y Pet Liner – 2,900 credits
“Our goal is to help Tesla owners share their passion for Tesla’s products and our mission — to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. As an owner, every time you bring a new friend or family member into the Tesla community, you and your friend both earn credits — you earn Referral Credits and your friend earns Buyer Credits. You also earn Loyalty Credits when you purchase additional qualifying Tesla products, as a thank you for being a loyal Tesla owner,” says Tesla’s website.
“All of your credits have equal value and accrue under one balance in your Loot Box. Credits can be redeemed for Tesla Referral awards in the Referral Shop of the Loot Box, after the Grant Date — the date when the solar system is activated,” explains the Referral Program website.
Tesla says, “credits must be redeemed within 12 months of their Grant Date, or they will expire. All credit redemptions are final. No returns or exchanges are accepted. Credits can only be redeemed for awards in the Loot Box of the Tesla app.”
Are you seeing the launch of the new referral program in your Tesla app right now?