“Designed for the ultimate track experience, the Model S Plaid Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit is a complete hardware package that delivers maximum, repeatable stopping power during high-performance driving,” explains Tesla.
“The kit includes all-new carbon-silicon carbide rotors that provide maximum high-temperature durability and heat management, one-piece forged calipers with high-performance pads and high-temperature brake fluid,” details its description.
The Model S Plaid has been criticized for having weak stock brakes for the amount of power it delivers. This brake kit looks like it should solve that problem, somewhat, if your wallet can afford it.
The kit includes:
- 2x 410 x 40mm carbon-silicon carbide front rotors
- 2x 410 x 32mm carbon-silicon carbide rear rotors
- 2x 6-piston one-piece, forged front calipers
- 2x 4-piston one-piece, forged rear calipers
- 2x integrated, caliper-mounted parking brakes
- 4x high-performance front brake pads
- 4x high-performance rear brake pads
- 1x bottle of high-temperature brake fluid
Tesla adds, “this package is only compatible with Model S Plaid vehicles equipped with 21” Arachnid wheels.”
Senior Editor at TeslaNorth.com. Electric vehicle enthusiast, lover of dogs and all things Elon Musk. Click here to buy me a coffee 🙂 Email tips: firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to get 1,000 Tesla Supercharger miles free with your next Tesla purchase.