On early Monday an embargo was lifted on the first prototype 2022 GMC Hummer EV reviews.
You can check out a roundup of the first drives and reviews below. It’s worth pointing out GMC paid for travel for some automotive journalists to go review the electric truck (it’s common practice for auto reviews).
Overall, reviewers seem pretty excited to have test driven the Hummer EV, and test its acceleration and four-wheel steering capabilities:
- Car & Driver – Prototype Drive: 2022 GMC Hummer EV Is Built to Wow
- Road Show – 2022 GMC Hummer EV Pickup first drive review: Shaped like a brick, runs like the wind
- Autoblog – 2022 GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 Prototype Drive Review | Let the supertruck wars begin
- Forbes Wheels – 2022 GMC Hummer EV First Drive: What The Halo EV Means For GM’s Future
- Green Car Reports – 2022 Hummer EV Edition 1 gives GM the toolbox for affordable Chevy and GMC electric pickups
- Detroit Free Press – Electric 2022 GMC Hummer pickup delivers outsize power, performance and technology
- TechCrunch – First drive: The electrifying GMC Hummer EV: Incredible speed and handling thanks to three electric motors & four-wheel steering
- The Post Star – 2022 GMC Hummer EV First Drive: What The Halo EV Means For GM’s Future
While this is just a prototype, it remains to be seen if GMC can deliver its electric Hummer to customers on time. Currently, the automotive world is dealing with supply chain and semiconductor shortages, but Tesla has been able to whether the storm and set a record for its Q3 deliveries.
Senior Editor at TeslaNorth.com. Electric vehicle enthusiast, lover of dogs and all things Elon Musk. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to get 1,000 Tesla Supercharger miles free with your next Tesla purchase.